NEW MEMBERS and VOLUNTEERS ARE WELCOME!
Wouldn’t you want to help preserve and promote the solace, serenity and delight of a peaceful shade oasis in our community now, and for the benefit of generations of neighbors and visitors to come?
Our mission is to:
A. Provide stewardship for the maintenance, conservation and preservation of land as a shade and serenity garden for benefit of the surrounding community and the general public.
B. Develop awareness of green space ecology.
C. Enhance environmental quality through horticultural insight.
D. Promote community health and integrity.
E. Stimulate and encourage activities which foster nature related education as well as artistic and cultural endeavors.
F. Be a sanctuary for flora and fauna.
You can work with any Steward Member as a volunteer to assist in on-going garden activities. Have fun and help with spring and fall plantings, weeding and pruning, raking and sweeping, and various projects throughout the growing season. This is an easy and gratifying entryway to becoming a full-time garden member. Meanwhile, you can enjoy the garden and greet your neighbors and other folks who, like you, love the beauty, peacefulness and satisfaction in making our city greener.
If you are interested in applying to become a member of Albert’s Garden or to volunteer, you can either leave your name and contact information with any member at the garden, or use our Contact Us page.
In addition to general garden maintenance and upkeep, individual members participate in administrative tasks.
2021 Board of Directors
- Chairman/Treasurer: John Shuttleworth
- Secretary: Constance Barrett
- Gardening Committee – Nicole Blau, Barbara Horn, Francine Lange
- Maintenance Committee – John Shuttleworth, Nicholas Nicolosi
- Programming – Constance Barrett, Bob Cat, Barbara Horn
- Fish Pond – Bob Cat
- Web/Media, Garden History – EJay Sims, Barbara Horn, Bob Cat, Shannon Anderson, Francine Lange
- Fundraising – Shannon Anderson, EJay Sims, Barbara Horn